The 90% Solution: A Consistent Approach to Optimal Business Decisions
About the Book
A top-ten seller for over five years on Amazon under “business decisions” and “group decision making”.
- A simple yet powerful approach to complicated decisions.
- Designed for managers at all levels in any industry.
- Easy and effective method for quantifying subjective decisions.
- Refined by over 30 years of experience in a wide variety of difficult business environments.
- Provides new answers to the full range of modern decision challenges:
- How to identify the best of viable alternatives (relative merit).
- How to measure “Risk/Reward Ratios” (unique McAuliffe technique)
- How to make better group decisions even in a contentious political environment.
- How to sell your decisions successfully into a corporate hierarchy.
- How to dramatically accelerate the group decision process.
- How to develop consistently better business alternatives.
This book is meant to add another tool to the manager’s toolkit. It is not intended to replace intelligence, judgment, or experience but rather to empower them. One unique quality of great importance is the ability to discern when none of the alternatives on the table will be effective solutions. Knowing this is usually the end of the “status quo” as a popular choice and the beginning of finding a better answer – i.e. once you know you don’t have a good solution, you will be forced into a higher level of creativity that can make all the difference.